We Guard Your Privacy
My colleagues and I at The Highland Psych Collaborative take extra care to guard your privacy.
We use a HIPAA-compliant, Secure Messaging Portal to send you messages and documents confidentially.
You, in turn, can leave us messages through the Portal.
If you send me a message through the portal, only you and I will be able to see it. You will not be able to forward the message.
Web address is: securesend.highlandcollaborative.com
MORE ABOUT OUR SYSTEM
Our Secure Messaging system is exactly like systems used major financial institutions and health organizations — companies bound by laws to maintain the privacy of your information.
Our system requires you to actively verify your identity before you can access or send a message.
What's more, our system uses the highest levels of encryption, and it tracks and securely archives every message sent and received.
How to Use Secure Messaging
VIEWING A MESSAGE YOU'VE BEEN SENT
- When I send you a message, you'll get an email notification that you have a message waiting for you.
- You'll be directed to click on a link to pick up the message. Once you click on the link, you'll be asked to enter your password to be able to view the message and reply to it.
CREATING A PASSWORD
- The first time you receive a message from me or my staff, you'll be asked to register your email address and create a password. You'll need to create a strong password — one that's near next to impossible to crack.
SENDING A MESSAGE
- To send me or my staff a message, you'll need to sign in to the Portal. Click here to be directed to the Portal.
YOUR MESSAGE MAILBOX
- You'll have your own Secure Message mailbox in our system. You'll be able to view old messages and send new ones. You'll also be able to send messages to me and my staff, as well as to my other colleagues at The Highland Psych Collaborative.
ATTACHING DOCUMENTS TO DOCUMENTS
- Our system allows you to attach (upload) documents into a message you send. It also allows you to open and view documents that I send you in messages.
Questions and Answers
Can I email you directly using the address of the notification message?
- Please do not reply to a notification message. Your message will not be encrypted and it may be intercepted and read by others.
Can't I just sign a waiver so that you can send me regular email?
- NO, because regular email does not ensure the privacy of your communication. Click here to learn about email security threats per internet security expert, Dr Eric Kangas.
How much time do I have to send a message?
- You have a maximum of 20 minutes to compose and send a message.
- If you take more than 20 minutes, the system will time you out and you will lose what you typed!
- To avoid losing what you typed, first type your message in a text document, then copy and paste it into a secure message.
To change one's life: 1. Start immediately, 2. Do it flamboyantly, 3. No exceptions. — William James