You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather. — Pema Chodron
I help people imagine and create richer, more fulfilling lives, and deeper, more satisfying relationships.
I'm a licensed clinical psychologist who's been in practice for more than 15 years and I'm the founding partner and principal of The Highland Psych Collaborative.
I work with individuals, couples and families who find me for various reasons — some to seek to better understand themselves and develop new skills, and others grappling with different challenges in their lives.
My specialties include working with:
- People struggling with anxiety, social anxiety, panic and phobias, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- People seeking greater intimacy in their relationships and to feel more connected to others that matter to them.
- People exploring their gender identity (including children), as well people in gender minorities (including those who identify as gender non-conforming, transgender, non-binary, genderfluid, genderqueer, agender, etc.
- People in sexual minorities (including those who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, etc.).
- The parents/families of children, teenagers and young adults exploring or coming out about their gender or sexual identity, educating and coaching them on how to be informed, unwavering advocates for their children.
MY PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
I'm a very specialized type of therapist — a clinical psychologist.
It takes 10+ years of professional education and training to become licensed as a psychologist, and involves at least 4 years of college for an undergraduate degree, 5-7 years of graduate school to earn a doctoral degree, and another 1-2 more years of specialized postgraduate training.
I earned my doctorate (PhD) in psychology from the University of Waterloo (Canada). I then completed a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship at Toronto's Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
Over the span of my professional career, I've worked in private practice, hospital and educational settings. I've also taught and conducted research in academic settings.
MY PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
You walking, your footprints
Are the road and nothing else.
Traveler, there is no road.
You make the road by walking.
By walking you make the road.
— Antonio Machado